- Section 10.4, p 177
- Last paragraph beginning with "The exercises in this section involve ,,,"
should begin with "Exercise 10.4c involves ..."
- Section 10.4, p 178, Exercise 10.4c
- Strike the line "Make the channel nonblocking and, if necessary". Also,
change the sentence "When the last I/O channel has closed, the program will
stop with an error message." to "When the last I/O channel has closed, the
script will stop with an error message under Unix and wait forever for
more events under Windows."
- Section 10.11, page 195, solution to exercise 10.4b
- Change put to puts.
- Section 25.5, page 516, explanation of Tcl_GetCommandInfo
- Mention should be made that the return value is boolean, true iff
a procedure named Name is found.
- Section 8.2, page 137, explanation of -translation switch
- Add: "If your I?O channel does both reading and writing, see your
manual for how to control each direction separately."
- Section 10.11, pages 204-205, solutions to 10.9b and 10.9c
- PARTICIPATE, FAVORITE, and COMMENT should be in lower case. Also,
the possibility that A(http) does not exist when there
is no message in A(error) is not taken care of. Further,
the CGI script at this web site for exercise 10.9b was not working
for a while.