1. Be neither an island nor a swamp|
2. Neither hurt others nor be overly touchy
3. Listen to your body, your mind, and your soul
4. Accept your limitations without succumbing to them
5. Exercise your will in harmony with others
6. Respect your world but do not venerate it
Click on the number for a discussion of the goal. In many cases the meaning is not quite clear without the discussion. This is because I prefer an easily remembered goal to a precise one.|
Think something is missing? Read a discussion of what was in my mind as I chose these.
I have placed all six goals and the accompanying discussions in the public domain. You may copy them. In fact, I wish you would. My one request is that you include a reference to this web page with each copy.
More than a decade after writing these, I was moved to write Five Truths about life.